- MUST – One Product Owner
- MUST – One Scrum Master
- MUST – Developers
- MUST – No sub-teams
- MUST – No hierarchies
- SUGGESTED – ‘Typically fewer than 10 individuals’ (3)
- Are the staff members distant or co-located?
- Are all of the staff members dedicated to the staff?
- Are there any unstated hierarchies, e.g. an assumed chief?
- MUST – The staff has all the abilities essential to create worth every Sprint (3)
- Are the abilities siloed into specialisms, or are the staff members multi-skilled (or T-shaped)?
Evaluating Group’s Skill Bases (2, web page 162)
Four forms of data
- Individual experience: gained by coaching, schooling, and expertise
- Relational data: An understanding of how you can work collectively to combine particular person data to realize specified targets
- Embedded data: The core applied sciences on which your group’s efficiency relies upon, equivalent to buyer databases or R&D applied sciences
- Metaknowledge: The consciousness of the place to go to get crucial info
- Do they determine what’s developed?
- Do they determine who does the event?
- Do they determine how you can construct an increment?
- What are they liable for by way of product growth?
- Are they held accountable for creating an increment?
- How do they like to speak daily?
- Do they’ve any info radiators to assist their communication?
- What are the understood response occasions for communications internally and externally?
- Do they socialise away from work?
- What is the vitality of the staff?
- Is there extra time? Is it acceptable/ anticipated?
Evaluating Individuals (2, web page 171)
Consider these six standards
- Competence: Does this individual have the techincal competence and expertise to do the job successfully?
- Judgment: Does this individual train logic, particularly below stress or when confronted with making sacrifices for the larger good?
- Energy: Does this staff member convey the proper of vitality to the job, or is she burned out or disengaged?
- Focus: Is this individual able to setting priorities and sticking to them, or susceptible to using off in all instructions?
- Relationships: Does this particular person get together with others on the staff and assist collective resolution making, or is he tough to work with?
- Trust: Can you belief this individual to maintain her phrase and observe by on commitments?
Problematic behaviour patterns (2, web page 120)
|Focus||The group can’t clearly outline its priorities, or has too many.
Resources are unfold too skinny, resulting in frequent crises and firefighting.
People are rewarded for his or her means to place out fires, not for devising enduring options.
|Discipline||People exhibit nice variation of their ranges of efficiency.
Employees don’t perceive the unfavorable penalties of inconsistency.
People make excuses once they fail to make commitments.
|Innovation||The group makes use of inside benchmarks to measure efficiency.
Improvements in merchandise and processes unfold slowly and incrementally.
Employees are rewarded for sustaining steady efficiency, not for pushing the envelope.
|Teamwork||Team members compete with each other and shield turf quite than work collectively to realize collective targets.
People are rewarded for creating fiefdoms.
|Sense of urgency||Teams members ignore the wants of exterior and inside clients.
Complacency reigns, revealed in beliefs equivalent to ‘We’re the perfect and at all times have been’ and ‘It doesn’t matter if we reply instantly’
- Henrik Kniberg’s guidelines
- The First 90 days by Michael D. Watkins
- The Scrum Guide
How do you persuade builders to stay round for the long term?
We All Want to Be Young
The Unicorn Project
Book launch- Retrospectives for everybody!
Product Ownership – Game of Thrones fashion
Why You Should Rethink RFID - Flowcate
Ode to an Agile Coach
Why is your product group so lazy? - Coach Lankford
Kanban Is Not a Card, It’s a Space
Scrum Master as a crew facilitator
Composite Pattern - Cybarlab